Saturday, December 18, 2010

We have some lovely parting gifts

Don't let them leave empty handed.

Do you let your customers leave empty handed?

To some merchants, it is a huge failure to see a customer walk out the door without making a purchase.

But there's more you can give them.

  • A flyer
  • A business card
  • A promotional magazine
  • A bounce back coupon
  • A free sample
  • A sincere "thank you for stopping by and considering us for your needs"
  • An assurance you'll research the product they were searching for

An empty bag can be filled with more than products. 

7 comments:

  1. I was having a little trouble getting the picture of the empty bag just right.

    There is no more feedback needed when a customer leaves empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post has hit home to an idea I have been working on. Will email you for your valued input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, won't email because I don't have your email, but I did direct message you on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't social media cool? How else would something like this happen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely understand where you're coming from, even though I don't own a business. But you hint at something. This can be used in an everyday personal interaction!
    Also, you're picture is very cool. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff, that is how our friendship has flourished. We've only seen each other 3 times. But look how things have developed!

    Craig, people ask me if I own the store where I work. I say no, but it's my livelihood. Yes! Always give them something to take away, tangible or not.

    ReplyDelete